The facts about CARTICEL
- CARTICEL is the only FDA approved treatment that uses your own cultured cells to treat the damaged articular cartilage in your knee.
- CARTICEL may not only repair your injury, it may help relieve your knee pain and improve your daily activities.
- CARTICEL has been proven effective in many patients for whom other surgical repair procedures have proven unsatisfactory.
- When CARTICEL is surgically implanted into a cartilage injury, it can form new hyaline-like cartilage, with properties similar to those of the original cartilage. Repairing the injury may help to reduce pain and may improve movement and function.
- CARTICEL does not damage your underlying bone.
- CARTICEL poses little risk of disease transmission to you since it comes from your own tissue.
Ready to proceed with CARTICEL? You’re already on the right path.
How Your Knee Works
Explore our interactive knee anatomy area to know more.
Check out our FAQs for answers—or contact a Carticel Care® Coordinator at 800-453-6948, Option #2, for more detailed information.
Email a question