Talk to your doctor
It is important to talk to your doctor about your articular cartilage injury, alternative knee treatment options, and about the benefits and risks of each possible treatment. Here are some questions you may want to ask:
- What are my cartilage repair treatment options?
- What are the benefits and risks of each one?
- What are the long-term results for each one?
- Is there anything else wrong with my knee that would affect my treatment?
- What kind of physical therapy will I need? How long will I need it?
- How do you define success? Will my knee be as good as it was before I injured it?
- What happens if the cartilage repair procedure doesn’t work? What is our next option?
Ready to proceed with CARTICEL? You’re already on the right path.
Check out our FAQs for answers—or contact a Carticel Care® Coordinator at 800-453-6948, Option #2, for more detailed information.
Email a question